Qualtech Products Industry Cross Cut Ruler is a precision engineered Paint Adhesion Cross Cut Ruler and Paint Adhesion Cross Cut Guide to instantly determine the adhesion performance of paint and coatings applied onto substrates and sample surfaces.
The Ruler Paint Adhesion by Tape Test evaluates the Adhesion Performance of paint and coatings and the resistance of paint and coatings to separate from the sample surface.
The Cross Cut Ruler Adhesion Test is performed by cutting a lattice pattern with a 90° into the coating. The coating is completely penetrated by the cut. The cut is cleaned with the included 3M adhesive tape or cleaned with the included brush. Test results are visually evaluated with the include precision Magnifying Glass in accordance with the coating thickness, the number of parallel cuts and the representative spacing between each cut.
This professional Adhesion Cross Cut Test Ruler Kit combines four different tests in one Paint Adhesion Tester:
- 1 mm
- 1.5 mm
- 2 mm
- 3 mm
This precision Cross Hatch Ruler Paint Adhesion Test Kit is made of high quality materials and all accessories are available to ensure the highest precision and the longevity of your Cross Cut Ruler Test.
The Cross Cut Ruler Test is an instant test method to professionally determine the Adhesion Performance of paint and coatings applied on substrates and sample surfaces and it is suitable to test Single-Coating Systems and Multi-Coating Systems.
This professional Paint Adhesion Cross Cut Ruler is designed and engineered in accordance with international test standards. including:
- ASTM D3002 (Standard Guide for Evaluation of Coatings Applied to Plastics (Withdrawn 2016))
- ASTM D3359 (Standard Test Methods for Measuring Adhesion by Tape Test)
- BS 3962-6 (Methods of test for finishes for wooden furniture. Assessment of resistance to mechanical damage)
- ISO 2409 (Paints and varnishes — Cross-cut test)
- ISO 16276 (Corrosion protection of steel structures by protective paint systems — Assessment of, and acceptance criteria for, the adhesion/cohesion (fracture strength) of a coating — Part 2: Cross-cut testing and X-cut testing)
Adhesion Cross Hatch Ruler Test Kit – ASTM D3359 Standard:
The Adhesion Cross Hatch Ruler Test Kit in accordance with ASTM D3359 suggests:
- 1 mm spacing between each cut ideal for coatings with a thickness of up to 50 µm.
- 2 mm spacing between each cut ideal for coatings with a thickness of 50 – 125 µm
Adhesion Cross Cut Ruler Tester – ISO 2409 Standard:
The Adhesion Cross Cut Ruler Test Kit in accordance with ISO 2409 suggests a spacing of 1 mm, 2 mm, 3 mm corresponding with a coating thickness of:
- 0 – 50 µm 1 mm spacing for harder metal substrates
- 50 – 125 µm 2 mm spacing for softer plastic substrates
- 125 – 250 µm 3 mm spacing for harder or softer substrates
Cross Cut Ruler - Features:
- Newest Technology & Design
- Instant Adhesion Cross Cut Test
- Precision engineered with a Spacing of 1 mm, 1.5 mm, 2 mm, 3 mm
- Lattice Pattern number of squares: 25 squares / 100 squares
- Wide range of Substrates available made of Aluminum, Iron, Steel
- User-friendly Application
- High Accuracy & High Precision
- Ergonomic Design
- Reliable Performance & Longevity
- Engineered in accordance with international test standards including ASTM D3359, ISO 2409, BS 3900 E6
Paint Adhesion Cross Hatch Ruler – Specifications:
|New Technology & Design||Yes|
|Precision engineered Paint Adhesion Cross Cut Ruler||Yes|
|Cross Cut Knife||1 PC included|
|Knife Replacement Blades||10 PCS included|
|Lattice Pattern number of squares||25 squares / 100 squares|
|3M Scotch Adhesive Tape||1 PC included|
|Brush||1 PC included|
|User-friendly Sample Handling||Yes|
|Wide range of Substrates optional available made in Aluminum, Iron and Steel||Yes|
|High Accuracy & High Repeatability||Yes|
|Reliable Performance & Longevity||Yes|
|Engineered in accordance with international test standards including ASTM D3359, ISO 2409, BS 3900 E6|
Paint Adhesion Cross Cut Ruler Test Kit – Included items:
- Paint Adhesion Cross Cut Ruler Test Kit
- Quality Certificate
- Carefully Calibrated
- Calibration Certificate
- User manual
- Extended Warranty
- Lifetime Support
Get information now on products, pricing, technical support and professional services.
One of our specialists will reply to your enquiry shortly. Alternatively contact us via the company details in the USA, in Australia or in the UK.