Qualtech Products Industry MEK Rub Tester is professional Solvent Rub Tester to evaluate the Rub Resistance of printed samples and photosensitive coatings on the surface of substrates and to evaluate the color transfer of printed ink, paint, coated surfaces and photosensitive sample surfaces through rub abrasion.
The MEK Rub Resistance Test effectively determines the abrasion resistance of ink layers, photosensitive layers and multi-layer coatings and the performance of coatings on printed surfaces.
The Solvent Rub Resistance Test also evaluates the abrasion resistance of specialized plastic materials, aluminum foils, plastic foils and related sample materials.
In addition, the Solvent Rub Test is effectively applied in the printing industry, gravure industry and in the packaging industry to ensure a high level of quality.
The Solvent Rub Resistance Test is performed by rubbing a gauze with a solvent across the coated sample surface with a constant speed, a constant test load for a specified number of cycles. A standard MEK Rub Abrasion Test is performed with 100 cycles and can be set up to 9999 cycles. This Automatic MEK Test offers a high level of accuracy and repeatability. The solvent which is applied onto the gauze when performing the Solvent Abrasion Test is Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) and other related solvents.
This professional MEK Rub Resistance Tester offers the newest microchip technology combined with a large Color LCD Display, comfortable Softtouch Buttons, a precision engineered MEK Abrasion Head, precision mechanics, precision engineered Test Loads, a user-friendly Sample Holder, user-friendly Menu Navigation, user-friendly programming, user-friendly application, easy cleaning, high accuracy and high precision, reliable performance, additional custom engineered Sample Holders, an ergonomic design, longevity and much more.
An optional Heated Abrasion Head is available to perform Hot Abrasion Resistance Tests with printed substrates.
This professional Automatic MEK Solvent Rub Tester is designed and engineered in accordance with international test standards including:
- ASTM D4752 (Standard Practice for Measuring MEK Resistance of Ethyl Silicate (Inorganic) Zinc-Rich Primers by Solvent Rub)
- ASTM D5264 (Standard Practice for Abrasion Resistance of Printed Materials by the Rub Tester)
- ASTM D5402 (Standard Practice for Assessing the Solvent Resistance of Organic Coatings Using Solvent Rubs)
- NCCA 11-18
- BS 3900
ASTM D 4752 - Standard Practice for Measuring MEK Resistance of Ethyl Silicate (Inorganic) Zinc-Rich Primers by Solvent Rub):
The MEK Solvent Rub Test is completed in combination with absorbent Cotton Pads or with a Cotton Gauze and a Test Load 1000g ±10g.
MEK Solvent Rub Abrasion Tester - Features:
- Newest Microchip Technology
- Large Color Touchscreen Display
- Comfortable Softtouch Buttons
- Instant MEK Solvent Rub Test
- Continuous Speed Control
- Precision engineered Abrasion Head
- Precision engineered Test Loads
- Easy Abrasion Head Swap System
- Easy Test Load Swap System
- Advanced Carriage Constant Speed Technology
- Sample Test Monitoring with on screen test parameters
- User-friendly Application
- User-friendly Menu Navigation
- User-friendly Programming
- User-friendly Sample Handling
- Optional custom engineered Abrasion Heads available
- Optional custom engineered Test Loads available
- High Accuracy & High Precision
- Integrated Safety Features
- Ergonomic Design & Reliable Performance
- Professional Design & Longevity
- Engineered in accordance with international test standards including ASTM D4752, ASTM D5264, ASTM D5402, NCCA 11-18, BS 3900
Automatic MEK Rub Tester - Specifications:
|Newest Microchip Technology||Yes|
|Large Color LCD Display||Yes|
|Speed||5RMP - 95RPM|
|Rub Cycles||0 - 9999|
|Abrasion Head Diameter||14±0.5mm|
|Abrasion Head Contact Surface||1.5cm2|
|Test Load||1000g ±1g|
|User-friendly Menu Navigation||Yes|
|User-friendly Sample Handling||Yes|
|High Accuracy & High Precision||Yes|
|Easy Cleaning System||Yes|
|Precision engineered Abrasion Head||Yes|
|Precision engineered Test Loads||Yes|
|Custom engineered Abrasion Heads available||Yes|
|Custom engineered Test Loads available||Yes|
|User-friendly Sample Handling|
|High Accuracy & High Repeatability|
|Ergonomic Design & Reliable Performance|
|Voltage||110VAC - 220VAC 50Hz/60 Hz|
|Engineered in accordance with international test standards including ASTM D4752, ASTM D5264, ASTM D5402, NCCA 11-18, BS 3900|
Solvent Rub Resistance Tester – Included items:
- Automatic MEK Solvent Rub Resistance Tester
- Abrasion Head
- Carrying Box
- Quality Certificate
- Carefully Calibrated
- Calibration Certificate
- User manual
- Extended Warranty
Get information now on products, pricing, technical support and professional services.
One of our specialists will reply to your enquiry shortly. Alternatively contact us via the company details in the USA, in Australia or in the UK.